TOPAZKNITWEAR

JUDY GRAHAM HAS BEEN KNITTING FOR FILMS AND TV FOR 30 YEARS AND HAND KNITTING FOR OVER 50 YEARS

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Another beginning, more knitting to start and finish, more fun to be had. I got away over the holidays, had lots of fun, and did some knitting. I used the MISTAKE RIB STITCH because it's easy and every row is the same. You can watch the video demo. to see how to knit the MISTAKE RIB STITCH at this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8gCnmpijsQ
I'll be posting more videos so keep watching my youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingtipsbyjudy?feature=mhee
And, if you haven't already, please LIKE me on facebook. There's always new stuff on my page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knitting-Tips-by-Judy/216363871272
One thing I must do this year is remove some of my huge stash of yarn. Please go to my Ravelry page to see what new treasures I have listed. People are always asking me about my yarns so here are some of them.
http://www.ravelry.com/people/judytopaz/stash/trade
Please keep your e-mails and comments coming. I appreciate your support and am grateful to all of you. I wish you all the best, healthiest, happiest, wonderful New Year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda S said...

Happy New Year! I love your videos. My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was young and I needed a good refresher course to start knitting again. Yours is the best out of all the ones I have looked at. As soon as I finish my fourth scarf for a gift I am going to try a hat with your instructions.
Linda S

6:05 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

I have just discovered your site while recently deciding to finally learn how to knit, purl, and do other stitches. I tried to have my mom teach me decades ago - and I got the knitting part, but she just told me to do the purl by doing knitting the opposite way - and though I tried, my brain never could seem to register right what she was describing. Your video, and others on the web, have FINALLY straightened me out. Thank you.

However, I am wanting to learn the ribbing stitch, and I am slightly confused because your video says to finish each row with a purl, because when I turn the knitting needle around, I will need to start the next ribbing row with a knit stitch.......and one of the other videos has the lady teling the viewer to turn the needle around and start with a purl stitch. ???

Gail Noon
San Pedro, CA

2:16 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

I have just discovered your site while recently deciding to finally learn how to knit, purl, and do other stitches. I tried to have my mom teach me decades ago - and I got the knitting part, but she just told me to do the purl by doing knitting the opposite way - and though I tried, my brain never could seem to register right what she was describing. Your video, and others on the web, have FINALLY straightened me out. Thank you.

However, I am wanting to learn the ribbing stitch, and I am slightly confused because your video says to finish each row with a purl, because when I turn the knitting needle around, I will need to start the next ribbing row with a knit stitch.......and one of the other videos has the lady teling the viewer to turn the needle around and start with a purl stitch. ???

Gail Noon
San Pedro, CA

2:16 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Please forgive my comment being published twice. For some reason, when one wants to comment regarding something using Google, the commenter is forced to go through some kind of Blogger account page - that I do not want to deal with - and in trying to bypass it, then say okay simply to continue, it ended up printing my comment twice.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home