TOPAZKNITWEAR

JUDY GRAHAM HAS BEEN KNITTING FOR FILMS AND TV FOR 30 YEARS AND HAND KNITTING FOR OVER 50 YEARS

Monday, December 24, 2007

MY MOTHER IN LAW, THE KNITTER

A few weeks ago my 84 year old mother in law told me that, inspired by my new web-site, she decided to try knitting again. The last time she knit was 43 years ago. As we were scheduled to visit over the holidays I told her I would be happy to help her. She went out and got some yarn and needles and started playing around. She called and told me she was having a lot of trouble, dropping stitches, adding stitches and in a nutshell, making a mess.
We got here today and I was shocked to see what she had done in a week. My father in law has a piece of wood that he puts under his lap top and she decided to make a cover for it. Without a pattern, she had started knitting and was almost done when I arrived. It's made of garter stitch and fits under the board to protect his legs. She crocheted a chain which she pulled through the piece, tied it off, and voila! She had invented a new item. I was very impressed and will post a photo soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home